Portfolio Price Adjustments
On June 25, 2016, the Trendsetter term product portfolio is being re-priced to align with Transamerica’s strategic focus and to improve competitive position within key customer markets. In particular, they’ve improved rates for clients age 45 and under and Standard and Preferred Tobacco users. Significant improvements were made for the Trendsetter Super policy with a face amount of $1 million and below.
The old premium rates and product specifications will remain in effect for the Trendsetter LB in California and the Trendsetter Super in New York and the Virgin Island territories. The Trendsetter LB is not available in New York.
See a few examples of the premium rate changes below:
|Term Period||Face Amount||Trendsetter Super Old Premiums||Trendsetter Super New Premiums|
Male, age 30, Preferred Nonsmoker, monthly premiums. Premiums are lower if paid annually.
|Term Period||Face Amount||Trendsetter LB Old Premiums||Trendsetter LB New Premiums|
Male, age 25, Preferred Plus Nonsmoker, monthly premiums. Premiums are lower if paid annually.
* Applications signed and received through iGO or in the Cedar Rapids Administrative Office:
* by close of business on or before June 24, 2016 will receive the old premium rate.
* between June 25, 2016 and August 26, 2016 will automatically be issued with the base plan rates most favorable for the applicant.
* on or after August 27, 2016 will be issued with the new premium rate.
Find the revised underwriting guides on your agent website under the new form number 93993. You’ll note the following changes:
* For ages 51-70, routine age and face amount Electrocardiograms (ECGs) are not required until $2,000,001
* For ages 71-80, routine age and face amount ECGs are not required until $500,001
* No routine stress testing (treadmill ECGs) are required at any face amount
Trendsetter LB Approved in Massachusetts Effective June 24, 2016 Trendsetter LB is approved in the state of Massachusetts. With this approval, the Trendsetter Express will no longer be available for sale.
Quoting capability will be available on Transamerica illustration software on June 24, 2016.